2010 D 25C BU Hot Springs, Arkansas National Park NP Quarter

$0.99

Key Points
2010 D BU Hot Springs, Arkansas NP Quarter
Package in 2 by 2 Archival Flip
1st National Park Quarter Issued by U.S. Mint

2 in stock

Description

The reverse side image depicts the façade of the Hot Springs National Park headquarters building with a thermal fountain in the foreground.  The headquarters was built in the Spanish colonial revival style and completed in 1936.  The National Park Service emblem is featured to the right of the door.  Inscriptions are HOT SPRINGS, ARKANSAS, 2010 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
Hot Springs National Park, destination of the Dunbar-Hunter Expedition sent by President Thomas Jefferson in 1804, features prehistoric American Indian quarries.  A bustling town grew up around the hot springs to provide health services.  Hot Springs was first established as a national site on April 20, 1832  to conserve the water from the 47 springs that emerge from Hot Springs Mountain and to ensure that water was made available for drinking and therapy.

Additional information

Weight 2 oz
Dimensions 2 × 2 × .25 in